www.hotmail.comm was a huge success since its launch. Looking at its success, Microsoft acquired Hotmail in 1997 for an estimated $400 million. Microsoft named Hotmail as MSN Hotmail later changed it to Windows Live Hotmail. Hotmail uses Ajax programming techniques and supports the latest version of Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome.
It has some great features like spam filtering, CSV files, Rich text formatting, support to multiple languages, auto-completion of contact address, Keyboard shortcuts to navigate and a lot of features.
Hotmail.comm or Outlook.com is one of the top webmail services on the internet. It is a tough competitor for GMail. Hotmail offers cloud storage knows as One Drive. It offers 5GB of free space for all the users. You can purchase premium plans to get more space for your data. One drive is one of the most used Cloud storage on the Internet. By May 2013, Outlook.com had 400 million active users. Hotmail has been rebranded to Outlook.com.
Now, we will see how can you Sign up and Login into www.Hotmail.comm. Follow the steps below to Sign up on Hotmail.
How to Create www.Hotmail.comm account
- Open any web browser on your device. We will recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Now type “Hotmail.comm” or “Outlook.com” in the URL box of your web browser and click enter.
- You will be redirected to the official website of www.Hotmail.comm. Now, you will see “Create an account” option on an upper right corner of the web page. Click on it.
- Now you will be redirected to a new website “signup.live.com” where you will see the signup box in the middle of the web page.
- Now enter the username you want to have for your new email address. Remember to enter a unique email address as your username. As everyone has their own unique email address.
- After entering your email address you will have an option to select between two email addresses. First one is outlook.com and second one is www.hotmail.comm.
- Choose anyone and click on “Next”. Now you will be asked to create a password for your new email address on the web page.
- Enter a strong password as it is recommended for your security.
- Microsoft terms & conditions are that Passwords must have at least 8 characters and contain at least two of the following: upper case letters, lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.
- You will now be asked whether you want promotional letters from Microsoft in your account or not. Click “Enter”.
- Now, you will be asked to enter your “first name” and “last name”.
- After entering it Click “Enter”. Now enter your nationality and date of birth to proceed further.
- Now you will have to enter your mobile number to verify your account.
- You will need to provide a backup email for your account recovery.
- After entering all of them, click on Sign up button.
Your Hotmail account will be created. You can also signup on your mobile device using this steps.
Now, we will see how can you login to your Hotmail account from your PC and Smartphone device.
How to Login Hotmail.comm from Computer (PC)
Logging into Hotmail.comm from pc is quite easy. Follow the steps below to find out how to do it.
- Open Google chrome or any other web browser on your PC.
- Type “Hotmail.comm” or “outlook.com” in the URL box of the web browser and hit Enter.
- You will see “Sign in “ option in the middle of the web page. Click on it.
- Now, you will be redirected to the login page of the www.hotmail.comm.
- Enter your email address & password and hit enter.
- Sometimes it may ask you to enter the captcha for security reasons.
You will be logged into your Hotmail account.
Now, we will have a look on how to login to your Hotmail account from your smartphone device.
How to login to Hotmail.com from Smartphone
If you are using a web browser then logging into Hotmail from the smartphone is same as you do from your PC. But, we will recommend using Hotmail official app to log in to your Hotmail account. The smartphone app is more convenient and faster way to login to your Hotmail account.
You don’t have to log in again and again into your account if you are using the app. You will be always logged in and your smartphone device will sync your emails on daily basis.
One of the advantages of the Hotmail app is that you don’t have to open the website multiple times to check your mail just like you do in the web browser. Now, let’s find out how to download the app and then sign in to your Hotmail account.
- Open Google play store if you are using an Android smartphone device. For iOS device, you have to open App store.
- Search for “Hotmail” in the store.
- You will see the official app of the Hotmail at the top of the results.
- Open it and start downloading it.
- After installing the app, open it. You will see the login window after opening the app.
- Enter your Hotmail ID and password to continue.
Now you will be logged in to your Hotmail account. Your smartphone will automatically sync your account on a regular basis to give you the notification of the new emails. Enjoy the email service of the Hotmail from your device.